Written on August 9, 2009:
I was talking to a friend and I guess my creative juices started flowing lol. Feel free to comment or add to the list!!!
A Relationship is JUST like a job…
- The Interview: After the first conversation you can already tell if you want to pursue this person. If not, then there won’t be a callback for a 2nd interview. Conversation is important! If it’s a face-to-face interview, don’t fidget, make eye contact and always smile :-). If it’s over the phone, make sure you’re detailed about what you have to offer.
- Temp-to-Perm: This is the initial dating stage…the first 90 days 😉 Someone who’s serious about the job will work his/her butt off to impress the potential employer. They’re doing everything necessary during these first three months to receive the “benefits” after his/her 90 days are up. This is where most people F up! lol
- The Long-Term Temp: Someone who has been on the job for more than 3 months but you haven’t made him/her permanent because of outside factors. Maybe you’re just not ready to commit to a particular “job,” don’t have enough time, etc. but you keep them around because they have potential. This is usually the “main one” and most guys usually have one of these chicks. The girl will stay around until it’s her time to be offered the full-time position!
- On-Call position: Haha, well let’s see…this is the person who the employer calls on an “as needed basis.” This person is usually the “Boo.” Only there for one main purpose…if you know what I mean.
- The Floater: Someone you let in. Maybe it just didn’t work out but the person floats in and out of your life. They’re not sure if they want to commit to a certain job so they bounce around to test the others before they make their final choice! Smh…
- Unemployed: Someone who’s content with being single. They’re probably looking to date but not really interested in anyone particular. So their “jobless” lol.
- Co-worker: Just a platonic male-female relationship. One employee has a crush on the other but doesn’t want anything interfering with his/her job so they are cool with being just friends. (The one who doesn’t want to mess up a friendship so they agree to be friends)
- Contract: as long as you’re dating you’re always on a “contract”…Make sure you continue doing everything you did to get the job because someone can bounce when things are not the way they used to be without answering questions lol…just no more calls, no attention, no luv….that’s when things just “faded away”….haha, right!
- Permanent Employee: Ding, ding, ding! lol…so you’ve gone through the temporary stage and decide you’re going to take a chance on love and just commit. This could even lead to the big “M”…marriage! Now you have all the benefits! 🙂
Again…A Relationship is JUST like a job. SMH…lol…