People tend to say I have a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude and it’s because I don’t let too many things get to me. I’m what you would call, “calm, cool and collected.” Also, I practice some daily routines that keep me centered. No one wants to have a bad, stressful day. So I’m sharing 10 things that I do to ensure that I have a good day. Try these out and share the tips!
- Exercising boosts your mood and energy. Most cardio workouts are best for the mood boost, so if you don’t have a lot of time then at least do 50 jumping jacks in the morning and watch how great you feel afterwards. But really try to get a 30 minute workout in before the end of the day. (For more workout tips see: For Thee Love: 4 Vital Weight Loss Habits).
2) Meditate and Pray
- Don’t turn on the television, music, or look at your phone first thing in the morning. Instead, find a quiet space in your home and close your eyes. Sit still with your thoughts for about 10 minutes. Take long, deep breaths, inhaling with your nose and exhaling from your mouth. Clear your mind. You can also meditate on Bible scriptures and pray. Meditating relieves stress and relaxes you for your day. You can apply this tip into your nightly routine as well.
3) Listen to a motivational song
- There is power in music. Find a song that will uplift your mood. Try listening to India Arie, There’s Hope or Mary J Blige, Just Fine.
4) “I am” Affirmations
- Look in the mirror and say “I am…” and whatever positive thing you think about yourself or that you would like to happen in that day. You can say “I am Beautiful. I am strong. I am going to have a great day.” I’m sure there are plenty of amazing things you can say about yourself! This will make you feel happy and encourages self-love. And if you expect a “great day” then you will attract a great day.
5) Complete a goal.
- Write a task and complete it. It can be something as small as cleaning a room or something career-related such as contacting the professional from that business card you collected. This will make you feel accomplished.
6) A random act of kindness
- Doing something nice for someone else will make you feel good and will put a smile on your face!
- Whether it’s a DVD of your favorite stand-up comedian, a coworker or friend who always makes you smile, just find something or someone who will make you crack up laughing! Laughter is the best medicine and is good for your soul.
8) Write in a journal
- Writing out your thoughts can help clear your mind. This also helps you to reflect. Document things that made you smile in your day.
9) Think positive
- As easy as it is to think negative thoughts, it’s just as easy to think about something positive, so choose the latter. At the end of your day, think about something POSITIVE that has happened in your day. Even if it’s simply, “I woke up…I had a job to go to…I was able to travel without getting in an accident or having car trouble…” It’s the small things that count so stay grateful.
10) Me time
- Spend some time alone. Read a book, listen to some music, soak in a bubble bath, cook up your favorite meal. Spend about 30 minutes doing something just for you. If you treat yourself right then you will be happier and ultimately treat those around you right.
I hope those tips helped and feel free to share them with someone else! What else would you add to the list?